Concealed Carry Handguns for Sale with Knock Down Power
Top rated concealed carry handguns typically have two criteria in common. They are easier to carry and conceal while still being able to pack enough punch to knock down your target. No gun is absolutely perfect, however. Women often feel more comfortable with different pistols than men, and people of different sizes, strengths and experience vary drastically in which concealed carry pistol they feel most comfortable with.
Handguns for sale in 2016 are changing designs based on the increased demand for lightweight concealed carry pistols. As of 2015, 5.2% of the total adult population in the United States has a permit to carry a handgun according to the Crime Prevention Research Center. The best handguns for sale are not necessarily new designs but rather updated or upgraded version of existing models that offer lighter and slimmer frames to make these popular pistols adaptable to carrying with you wherever you travel.
5 Features of an Everyday Concealed Carry Handgun
A top handgun for concealed carry has different features to consider than when purchasing a handgun for home security or recreational shooting. For instance, a good shooting pistol for fun at the range typically has a large frame for comfortability and increased accuracy while this feature is not always an ideal characteristic in a concealed carry pistol. Consider these 5 features when deciding between the many handguns for sale to be used as a concealed carry firearm.
- Ease of use. Most carry a concealed weapon for protection. In a self-defense situation, every second matters so your pistol should function easily without complicated operating mechanisms. When drawn, they should be ready to shoot.
- Safety First. Consider whether your pistol has a passive or active safety. Passive safeties do not require a user’s input, like toggling a lever, whereas active safeties are designed to have the user turn off the safety before firing. In conjunction with being easy to use, the safety choice on handguns for sale should be comfortable to the user.
- Your choice of a concealed carry pistol should take into account that the firearm will be regularly holstered and worn. That said, you should select a handgun that can stand up to a beating in different situations.
- Let’s be honest. Gun choice really comes down to feel. A handgun should feel good in your hands from the grip to the weight to the texture.
- The most important factor in an everyday concealed carry handgun is size. Pocket pistols are small enough to carry in a pocket or purse while more mid-sized frame handguns are usually carried in a holster. Size not only effects how you carry your pistol but it also effects how powerful and stable they are to shoot. More mid-sized concealed carry pistols come in hard hitting calibers like .40 S&W and .45 ACP and are more accurate than smaller frame pistols in calibers such as .380 ACP.
Best Pistols for Concealed Carry
Just because you plan to conceal carry a pistol does not mean you need to sacrifice power. Many think that a small pistol, one that has the features needed to be an everyday concealed carry handgun, will not have the knock down power desired when the time comes to use it. Design changes in recent year have made hard hitting calibers like .40 S&W and .45 ACP available in small frame handguns that can be comfortably carried each and every day. Here are the best concealed carry handguns for sale that are available in hard hitting calibers.
One of the newest designs from proven manufacture Beretta, the .40 S&W PX4 Storm Compact is aimed specifically at those looking to carry a powerful handgun. The pistol comes with low-profile controls (sights and safety), a slim grip and a short slide equipped to be durable even with daily exposure to moisture and perspiration while carrying. The improved trigger also provides better accuracy and allows you to cycle follow-up rounds more quickly.
The Smith & Wesson M&P Compact in .45 ACP is one of the most versatile, durable and comfortable conceal carry pistols on the market. Built with the same specifications military and law enforcement rely on, the polymer frame 4-inch pistol is slightly bulkier than other compact pistols but few offer the powerful .45 ACP caliber in a more ergonomic and easy to use design.
Built on the G30 frame, the Glock 30S combines a full capacity .45 caliber with a slimmer slide for a lightweight concealed carry pistol option. Even with a full magazine, the Glock 30S is a well balanced pistol with its fixed sights, polymer frame and tenifer coated steel slide.
Kimber is known for stylish quality and superior accuracy. The Kimber Ultra Carry II not only incorporates Kimber’s traditional features but its design makes it one of the most powerful .45 ACP pistols for concealed carry. Complete with a polished carbon slide, stainless steel frame and characteristic rosewood grips, this pistol is a classic 1911 style in a unique everyday concealed carry handgun option for those looking for an easy to shoot, hard hitting handgun.
The Ruger LC9s features a light, short, crisp trigger pull for shooters who are looking for easy shooting without giving up accuracy. Even though it comes in 9mm and not the more powerful .40 and .45 calibers discussed previously, it makes up for it in its ultra slim and compact frame that can easily be concealed in a purse or pocket for personal protection.
The many options that are now available with handguns for sale for concealed carry pistols means you have to choose wisely when selecting the right handgun to carry. Especially when considering a large caliber pistol with knock down power, it is important to look at features such as size, durability, safety, ease of use and feel. Each of these features varies in importance depending on the user, but all impact to some extent how comfortable your everyday concealed carry handgun will be. No more do you have to select comfortability over power when choosing a lightweight concealed carry handgun when you have compact handguns for sale like those outlined above from Whittaker Guns.